degringolade: (Default)
[personal profile] degringolade
 Grey day here.  I must have bumped the dial on my heavily analog radio and moved it over to KBOO, the local hippie/commie/local access station.
 
I have a love/hate relationship with this station.  It caters to alternate views, which I approve of mightily.  But the truth of the matter is that the people advocating and holding forth on the air these alternate views seem to be the kind of people that I most fantasize about punching in the face.  
 
That is the problem with public advocacy.  The people who most passionately advocate and are willing to stand on a platform to passionately address us unwashed are usually astoundingly annoying and seem most likely to drive away potential supporters.
 
I suppose that this is the reason that I get so annoyed with the dipshit I keep seeing when I am trying to spend some time listening to a different branch of crazy bastards talking about the shitshow of American politics.  I assidiously avoid Texas politics.  I think that what Texas does is Texas's problem.  I think that James Talarico can take his smarmy little begging act about his "moral Imperative" and stick it somewhere where the sun don't shine.
 
But even though the above is absolutely true, this morning, because I jiggled the dial without knowing, I got to listen to these gems.
 
Patty Griffin:   Go Wherever You Wanna Go

Slim Whitman: Red River Valley

Patsy Cline:  South of the Border (Down Mexico Way) [feat. The Jordanaires]

Gene Autry: Have I Told You Lately That I Love You

Marty Robbins: Streets of Laredo
 
Well, enough of that....they are playing bluegrass now
 
Danny Paisley: Bluegrass State Of Mind

Profile

degringolade: (Default)Degringolade

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 2 3
45 6 7 8 910
11 12 1314 15 16 17
18 19 20 2122 23 24
25 26 2728 29 3031

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 31st, 2026 01:26 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios