degringolade: (Default)
[personal profile] degringolade
 
The Universe (The Circle, Triangle, and Square)
Sengai
 

I really do need to get serious about finishing up the damn book that I started.  I am profoundly annoyed that I am 50,000+ words into the project and decided that I don't really like it after all.  The characters are whiny and the writing is me trying to write like other people write.  

I think that I will take a week or so to reboot and figure out what I did that pissed off my muse.  Hopefully I will figure it out and I will be able to salvage something out of the hot mess that I have written myself into.

A long time ago one of my professors told a student who thought that "everyone was special" that yes, she could do anything that she chose to do, as long as it didn't have to be any good. 

Finishing the book

Date: 2026-07-16 04:45 pm (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
Could you be planning on using your other dw acct?
I have lost the link, could you pretty please repost link?
I'm rather excited that you might be writing again.
valeris

you're speaking my life

Date: 2026-07-16 07:36 pm (UTC)
johno_1960: (Default)
From: [personal profile] johno_1960
You are too close to it. I would walk a few miles, then try to look at it from a new vantage point.
You might be right! You might be wrong!
Either way, I've been there, hating the game, hating the words, hating the story.
Everyone is special! So special. Lots of special in this world. Special is common. So common.
Good? Not so much. Your professor was right.
Bizet is fantastic. Fantastique!

Bizet Has His Day - Les Brown 1941

Profile

degringolade: (Default)Degringolade

July 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 2 34
5 6 78 9 1011
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 232425
262728293031 

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 23rd, 2026 04:45 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios